It's that time of year... - Performance time!

Discuss the joys and pratfalls of performance

Postby Dr. Bill Leland » Sun May 14, 2006 8:15 pm

Now why can't all my concerts be like that? Sounds like you all had a blast--congratulations!

It also sounds like you must be a terrific teacher.

Bill.
Technique is 90 per cent from the neck up.
Dr. Bill Leland

Postby Tranquillo » Tue May 27, 2008 5:11 pm

YAY! ... lets revive this post ... Anyone got any performances coming up?

I got ... wow ... um ... *counts* ... 6 coming up ... :D . One done!

Just kicked off one of mine yesterday for a school assessment/exam. That was a lot of fun, sang "past the point of no return" from phantom of the opera ... did a duet, the pianist bumped a few wrong notes and my partner lost his words a few times ... but still we had fun. Before we got in, my pianist and I talked about all the times we stuffed up in the past together ... that was certainly uplifting! (sarcasm)

I have an esteidfod in a few week and I performing two songs (Bach Cantata and Yeston Musical song). Also ... another duet (sung) ... "a song that goes like this" from Spamalot ...

After that there is a school performing arts night. I'm doing two songs for that ... "Danny Boy" and perhaps another duet ...

And then, another school assessment, two songs ... I am hoping to get around to playing on the piano. Perhaps a Bach piece and singing another song.

Hahaha, ok I'm not done. There is a school concert afterwards were I plan to sing "Someday" - All4one ... as well as "Danny Boy" (again) ...

Followed by a TCL exam 4 songs ... Mozart, Yeston, Soheim, Debussy or Schubert.

Finishing off the year with one song at a school presentation day.

Enough about me ... what is everyone else doing ... ?
Music is organised sound
Tranquillo

Previous

Return to Performing