Poll: how far will you go? - To get the best piano lessons

Need help with your young piano student or maybe just like to share the joy?

Poll: how far will you go? - To get the best piano lessons

5 minutes
No votes
10 minutes
No votes
20 minutes
No votes
30 minutes
17%
45 minutes
33%
1 hour
No votes
More than an hour, if necessary
50%

Total votes : 6

Postby Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:01 pm

Would your drive twice as far to get the best piano teacher for yourself or your child? What would a teacher far away from home have to provide to convince you to drive the extra distance? Is distance the primary reason you choose one teacher over another?
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom. - Albert Einstein
Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed
Site Admin

Postby 73-1078374881 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:48 am

I live in a hick town in the middle of nowhere. There is a relatively large city (30,000) a half hour away, but the teachers over there aren't very good. Once I had a trial lesson with one of the most popular teachers over there, and I was better than she was!!! So for 5 years, I have driven 2 1/2 hours (each way!!!) every week for lessons. It doesn't bother me too much, since my teacher is EXCELLENT, but it's a lot of wear and tear on the car!! So, as far as the question Dr. Zeigler posed, distance is no factor at all for me when choosing a teacher... :cool:
73-1078374881

Postby Mins Music » Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:49 pm

2 and a half hours each way!!!! Did you do this once a week!
Wow. I was pretty impressed that I student travelled 45 minutes each way to come to me. But 21/2 hours, wow, that takes the cake. MMMmmmmm .... that sounds yummy.. see you.
"I forget what I was taught, I only remember what I've learnt." - Patrick White, Australian novelist.
Mins Music

Postby Tranquillo » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:44 pm

I am no a parent but my dad drives me to my piano teachers place for 45 minutes. I didnt tell him that there was a piano teacher walking distance from where I live!
Actually there are many many piano teachers in my area qualified with PhDs and degrees and close with 5-15 minutes. I am just really happy with my current teacher!
Music is organised sound
Tranquillo

Return to Parent to Parent