Cute or funny stories - Share you're stories of kids and piano.

Need help with your young piano student or maybe just like to share the joy?

Postby Stretto » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:43 pm

I was showing my 5 yr. old some of the basics in the beginning of a piano book yesterday. The book comes with a cd but yesterday I just went over the pages without the cd. She decided to practice on her own just now. I heard some faint music playing from a recording and looked to see what she was doing. She's sitting at the piano looking over the pages in her piano book with her headphones on and the cd in her cd player going. She's singing the songs on the cd that came with the piano book out loud while trying to play. It just seems cute - sitting at the piano playing with the cd and headphones on at the same time.

Anyone else have any cute moments to share about their child and piano or music or anything to brag about? Any funny stories? Parents, here's your chance to brag.

Edited By Stretto on 1173994787
Stretto

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:05 pm

I was assigned a schumann piece for class in college...and we had 2 tell about the person who wrote our piece. When I looked up Schumann...it had a mistake in the typing...saying he jumped in the river "rain"...so i thought them meant it was raining when he jumped in the river...turned out rein (or however you spell it) was the river in germany...pretty embarrasing
Chris

Postby Stretto » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:34 pm

Surely there are some more funny stories to tell about kids and lessons. How about broadening the topic to funny stories about kids and music in general. Anyone have a story of kids when listening to music say something funny about it, for example? It can be any kids you know.

My two kids (5 and 7) were playing on the piano together (I think pretending teacher and student):

The younger one, playing teacher, said to the older, "So you want to be a piano player, do you?"

The older one said, "yes".

The younger one replied, "Well, we'll have to see about you!"

(I don't say any of that with my students so I don't know where she got that - she'd make a tougher teacher than me!)

Anyone else have a cute story to share?

Edited By Stretto on 1174421893
Stretto

Return to Parent to Parent