Pieces - what do you like?

Like to talk with other young piano students? This is the place!

Postby 73-1078374881 » Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:13 pm

No joke!! I was always sooo worried I was playing it too fast (as usually happens), UNTIL I heard it played the other day! Holy moley!!! The pianist must have been sitting on an oven when he was playing it, he was in such a hurry! :laugh:

Usually, I have problems with playing things TOO fast, but sometimes playing things slow is a challenge. Has anyone ever had pieces like this?
73-1078374881

Postby presto » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:35 pm

For goodness' sake, I thought I was the only one who seemed to be wired to play things too fast (hence my user name)! My teacher is forever advising me to slow down. Apparently she always found it difficult to play at a fast tempo, and my problem is just the opposite.
I don't know just what it is, but it seems to me as though it's an automatic instinct, and I, too, have trouble playing some slow pieces, if they're dull. I honestly almost fall asleep, because I lose interest. If, however, the piece has a beautiful melody, even if it's slow, it doesn't bother me.
One other obvious challenge is playing with speed AND accuracy. Playing fast is one thing, playing fast with no mistakes is a whole other ball game. :D
Another strange thing is that when I play certain pieces quickly, I make less mistakes than when I play them slowly! Is that because I have less time to think about making errors? I don't know. ??? All I know is, I was born with "presto" as my default speed.

Edited By presto on 1087515396
88 keys--
10 fingers--
No problem!
presto

Postby 80-1091265929 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:48 am

Hello, since this is the topic, my favorite piece is a tossup between fantasy impromptu and ballad no.23 by chopin, he makes absolutely gorgeous music... as far as bach, definitely fantasy in c minor but i can seem to find the sheet music anywhere not even on sheetmusicarchive... mozart, some sonata.... forgot which one, i don't know too many of his pieces, do any you have any suggestions to good pieces of his? thanx! :)

fast pieces, they play really fast, accuracy, ha ha :D

what type of fast are you talking about, give me a piece
80-1091265929

Postby 97-1128742375 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:52 pm

hey i definetly agree, all the chopin ballades are my favorite pieces
rachmaninoff is cool too, im working on the prelude in c sharp minor : GREAT piece! i also like listening to his elegie in e flat minor. It's a beautiful piece.
Chopin made so much great music. What do you like of his compostions?
97-1128742375

Postby socksrock » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:29 pm

Well, i'm not the most experinced player.... probably one of the least. although i've always loved all kinds of music... i love Betoven. Ever since the first time i learned Fer-Elise i've wanted to learn it. i finaly did :P

Don't know if that counts for anything. just thougt i might put my two cents in

:)
socksrock

Postby Stretto » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:39 am

socksrock wrote:Well, i'm not the most experinced player.... probably one of the least. although i've always loved all kinds of music... i love Betoven. Ever since the first time i learned Fer-Elise i've wanted to learn it. i finaly did :P

Don't know if that counts for anything. just thougt i might put my two cents in

:)

I love Fur Elise even though "everyone" learns it, it is a really beautiful piece. I never get tired of hearing it. I first fell in love with Fur Elise when I had this Christmas music box that played it from my Grandma. It looked like those kids rides at amusement parks with the little planes up in the air you ride in. It was covered in red felt with gold trim and the little airplanes were made with foam covered in felt with a little cloth elf in each plane. I always wound that up and listened to Fur Elise over and over. :)
Stretto

Postby socksrock » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:19 pm

OOhhhh that sounds so cool. i wish i had one of those :p
socksrock

Postby Tranquillo » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:26 am

I really like Gershiwn's Rhapsody in Blue ... It builds excitement and the jazz feel mixed with elements of classical just make the piece so orginal. Its a unique concerto. Gershwin was inspired by a train when he composed this piece and one can see/hear evidently why.
Music is organised sound
Tranquillo

Previous

Return to Young Students