Musical preference for middle school students?

Discuss the piano literature and how to teach and learn it

Postby vivace » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:54 pm

I am recently working on a reserach about teaching piano to the Middle-school students. I am interested in knowing what other teachers think about the musical preference of the middle-school students, such as tempo, style etc. Your input will be greatly appreicated. :)

Postby Tranquillo » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:14 am

Musical preference if you mean that in the sense of what musical is liked by teens then I would say (I'm fifteen) my favorite is Phantom of the Opera. But I guess you are really reffereing to musical style.
Ok, what I would say as a teen in school. Teens begin to be fussy animals so ... it would vary depending on bands, peers and schools.
Mainly in my highschool we went through a big rock phase last year only because a band in school had featured many of their compositions and won a competition. This year that rock era seemed to have past and what is in style seems to be slow/soft rock and some pop. There has been a current trend to redo old hits (STOP! in the name of love, I'll be there). But the music scene is ever changing so much so there would not be a specific style that middle schoolers like.
I hoped I helped.
Music is organised sound

Return to Piano Repertoire