Inspiration calling - When does that 'spark' come to you?

All topics musical, not specifically piano-related

Postby Tranquillo » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:48 pm

You know when you get that spark of inspiration that idea that makes you write some thing? When does it come? I know one afternoon I wrote a few Jazz tunes when I was listening to piano pieces similar to those of Chopin's the sun light trickled over my shoulders as a drew and coloured abstract and landscape images at the same time writing a letter to a friend of mine ,.,, that was when my inspiration sparked!
Music is organised sound
Tranquillo

Postby Stretto » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:35 pm

I would say it's those times that the more music listening I have done, those are the times I am more inspired to write something. Not that I am trying to copy that composer or sound but ideas come to me more after having done more music listening. More ideas, more sounds come to my mind - much like your example of inspired after listening to Chopin.

Edited By Stretto on 1195266999
Stretto

Postby Stretto » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:53 pm

Your post about drawing reminded me artwork/poetry can be inpiring. Also inspiring me to compose can be nature (scenery) or sounds in nature and you mentioned nature in your post. So there you have it, you had music listening, art, and nature all three!

Edited By Stretto on 1195512853
Stretto

Postby Tranquillo » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:30 pm

:)
Your post about drawing reminded me artwork/poetry can be inpiring. Also inspiring me to compose can be nature (scenery) or sounds in nature and you mentioned nature in your post. So there you have it, you had music listening, art, and nature all three!

Beethoven the man himself enjoyed going out to journey in Vienna's forests ... and got his inspiration when journeying out into the forests. Yes, its amazing how music moulds our state and thinking it can be so relaxing, at the same time up beat ... it does so much to us!
Music is organised sound
Tranquillo

Return to Music Talk