What music get's stuck in your head? - Music you hear that won't go away.

All topics musical, not specifically piano-related

Postby Stretto » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:01 pm

Here's a question everyone can answer:

What music after you hear it, "gets stuck in your head" all day?

For me right now it's: "Feliz Navidad, Feliz Navidad . . . I want to wish you a Merry Christmas, I want to wish you a Merry Christmas . . . " What's worse is my 4 yr old's preschool class is singing it for their Christmas program.
Also, pieces my students are working on. I've found myself humming a tune during the week wondering, "where did I get that from?" And then I remember it's a piece one of my students had played at lessons that week.

What other music could we list that get's stuck in a person's mind after listening to it?

Edited By Stretto on 1134091825
Stretto

Postby Beckywy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:03 pm

Darth Vadar's theme.
"The real purpose of studying music-to unite ourselves with our special gifts in such a way that one would add strength to the other" Seymour Bernstein
Beckywy

Postby 108-1121887355 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:19 pm

Thanks - now I am singing Feliiz Navidad all day!
I do not know Darth's theme!
I can get just about any music stuck - once I start humming it - that's it for the day. Usually it is some popular music that Mom and I used to sing.
Sometimes I wonder why I thought of a certain song and think it must be the words that reminded me of my Mom or my husband.
Joan
108-1121887355

Postby Stretto » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:54 pm

Beckywy wrote:Darth Vadar's theme.

:laugh: That's a good one! Is one of your student's learning that?

Guess what was playing on the radio just now on the way home from an errand? "Feliz Navidad". Just when you get that song out of your mind . . . It is pretty catchy. I guess that's what makes some songs so popular.
Stretto

Postby 108-1121887355 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:48 pm

No, a student is not learning it, it is just your mention of it!

:p
Joan
108-1121887355

Postby Beckywy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:01 pm

Darth Vadar's theme.

That's a good one! Is one of your student's learning that?

I have a lot of male students - Darth vadar's theme, star wars theme...but Darth Vadar I didn't mind before until I ended having 4 students on the same day playing it.
"The real purpose of studying music-to unite ourselves with our special gifts in such a way that one would add strength to the other" Seymour Bernstein
Beckywy

Postby 108-1121887355 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:25 pm

Sorry, Stretto, I r replied too quickly and didn't see you were asking about Darth!
Beckywy, Do you mean it is the same as what I call Star Wars Theme?
DDD G D etc.
I have a lot of boys this year and it is a favorite. I only have to hear it once a week, but the parents hear it every day (if it is practiced every day).
Joan
108-1121887355

Postby Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:29 am

On any given day, it could be just about anything. However, one of the most common is the main theme from the Beethoven Choral Fantasia, (Opus 80). This one has been used as theme music for Dean Witter commercials and is absolutely impossible to get out one's mind, once it starts. It's simple and singable - unfortunately! :D

Edited By Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Editor on 1239203974
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom. - Albert Einstein
Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed
Site Admin

Postby Tranquillo » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:24 am

Lately Scubert's Lieder Gretchen Am Spinrade. Goodness, it gets to you after a while.
Music is organised sound
Tranquillo

Postby Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:29 am

Becibu wrote:Lately Scubert's Lieder Gretchen Am Spinrade. Goodness, it gets to you after a while.

Been there, done that! This thread bears some relationship to our What is "good" music? thread. It would be interesting to think about the relationship between good music and memorable music. Are they the same?
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom. - Albert Einstein
Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed
Site Admin

Return to Music Talk