Classical piano pieces used in the movie fame - Question/seeking help

All topics musical, not specifically piano-related

Postby 83-1114708039 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:32 am

Hello,

I am new to this board and have been playing piano for 28 years. Trained classically, the last two years I have been playing contemporary music with several bands. I have decided to go back to my classical roots for the next year in order to regain some discipline in my fingers. Bruce Hornsby is a master of employing classical technique in contemporary music for example!

I recently saw the movie Fame, staring Irene Cara. During the Dance studio scenes... some snippets of truly beautiful classical piano pieces were used. I am hoping someone may be familiar and know which ones they were. I systematically went through the links on the pianoeducation.org home page, but with no luck. I know this is a long shot. If anyone knows which composers/pieces were used I would be truly grateful. At any rate, I am considering teaching and am very happy to have found this board. Thanks!
83-1114708039

Postby presto » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:29 pm

There is an excellent movie site, www.imdb.com. It's the Internet Movie Database, and they seem to have a page on every movie ever made. They also have a message board for each movie at the bottom of each page, and you could perhaps post a query there and see if anyone might know the answer to what you're looking for. You do have to sign up first, though, in order to post, but it's free.

P.S. I went to the site myself to see what I could find, and I gathered from a question posted that was very similar to yours that one of the pieces in the movie was the famous "Adagio in G minor" by Albinoni.
88 keys--
10 fingers--
No problem!
presto

Return to Music Talk