Any flutists out there?

Play more than piano? Interested in a different instrument, including voice? Talk about it here.

Postby Mins Music » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:57 am

Great idea on your own board game. I made my own version of musical trivial pursuit and we play it when I have group theory lessons or studio parties. It took me MONTHS to get all the questions together. I used Microsoft access to enter all the data and did what Glissando mentioned - questions on one side, answers on the other. Four different coloured cardboard for categories - designed a board on Publisher, and laminated it. I use coloured 'spinners' (kids game)to mark where you're up to on the board. Already had dice from somewhere - When we play I get the kids to form 'teams' - it's loud, hectic but fun and they don't even mind that it's educational!

I've also made a musical millionaire - (many of the questions are borrowed - too much work to make up completely seperate ones for each game I've made.) Each player gets a long card with lists $100 through to $1million. As they get the answer correct they tick that box (again the card is laminated so the dry erase markers rub right off to use again). Instead of phone a friend etc, each player gets three tokens - 50/50, ask a friend (another player) or ask the teacher.

Snakes and ladders, and various musical card games are others that are really helpful in my studio.
I'm a huge advocator of teaching via games -Incorporating play in your teaching

It's a lot of work to put together, but once you've done it, you've got if forever - and VERY handy in group situations.

Hope you have fun with your game!

Oh! BTW, as for the original topic, I'm a 'teach myself' flute player who hardly ever practises! -too busy making up 'games' and other d.i.y resources! :D

Edited By Mins Music on 1159359208
"I forget what I was taught, I only remember what I've learnt." - Patrick White, Australian novelist.
Mins Music

Postby Glissando88keys » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:20 pm

I wonder...I'm not sure if this is possible or not, but, could we conceivably include our musical trivia game as a game on this website? I don't know exactly how to go about it, but we could compile a list of the questions and somehow, set it up as a game on the forum, for students or guests to test their knowledge.

Just an idea, but I think if it is at all possible, it may be something that would attract lots of other members, who do not necessarily want to contribute by posting, by who never-the less would be interested in the musical trivia game.

Dr. Z, what do you think? Possible or impossible? ???
Glissando88keys

Postby 108-1121887355 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:37 pm

New idea, Dr. Z? I would be interested
108-1121887355

Previous

Return to Multi-instrument