Most difficult instrument - What do you think?

Play more than piano? Interested in a different instrument, including voice? Talk about it here.

Postby jenscott90 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:52 pm

I'm a big fan of Allison Krauss and Union Station (popular bluegrass band) and I love to watch all of them play...I have the highest respect for each of those musicians, and I have to say the banjo looks difficult, but Jerry Douglas on the dobro takes the cake.

That said, a really good Spanish guitarist is just as amazing...

I guess it depends on the level of playing, as to which is the hardest instrument! :)
jenscott90

Postby Tranquillo » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:44 pm

pianogal wrote:I don't believe there is "the MOST difficult instrument", not that I can think of......... :D

For all the instrument, as long you are willing to learn, and willing to take time on practicing, and most important---enjoy, you will succeed (most likely)!

While I was typing, something got to me: I guess, the most difficult instrument to learn is the one you have no interest in.

I might add to that, it would also depend on the idiosyncrasies of a person. A flutist friend of mine looks at my scores and says "thank goodness I play flute" ... Pianists have two lines to read, many other instrumentalist have one, (but try sight singing - that's quite a challenge). At the same time flautists have to have the correct 'ombasure' and I know many flautists that feel dizzy after practice. ....I feel dizzy after breathing excersizes sometimes.
Music is organised sound
Tranquillo

Previous

Return to Multi-instrument