Maduio midi keyboard in xp and os x - Can't get it to work. something wrong

Talk to others about making and writing music on a computer

Postby 106-1111424766 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:05 pm

installle all drivers on both xp and os x, with no results....systems are not finding the keyboard or something.....
want to help my son learn piano, he is doing suzuki now

HELP!!!!!!!!!! :( :(
106-1111424766

Postby Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:34 pm

There just isn't enough information here to be able to help. Can you give me: your computer make, sound card make (make sure it has MIDI capability), operating system, as much information about any drivers provided with the keyboard as you have and as much as you can tell us about any error messages you're getting, if any? With this information, I might be able to give you some help with psyching out the problem.
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom. - Albert Einstein
Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed
Site Admin

Postby 106-1111424766 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:16 pm

i got the midi to work in xp, sort of....
did not work on a brand new mac mini...
the xp unit i built myself and has the built in sound, ac 97 version chip.........
so it looks like for the time being i'll be using xp.....
now i want the best software for supplementing my 7 year old son's suzuki lessons........on our beautiful baby grand...
btw, we bought an m-audio keystation 49e midi, which has very nice key action....

thanks so much for helping us

joe
106-1111424766

Return to Music and Computers