Qualities of a good piano student

Technique, methods and advice for learners

Postby Tranquillo » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:36 pm

We have had some talk on PEP about a good piano teacher. Thought it would be fun to talk about the qualities a teacher sees in a good student. Ofcourse, practice is the fundamental aspect but teachers, this is to you: what makes you satisfied in students?
Music is organised sound
Tranquillo

Postby Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:43 am

This is a good topic. For some ideas on it, you might want to look at Jenny Simaile's PEP article, Top Ten Qualities of a Successful Piano Student. :)
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom. - Albert Einstein
Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed
Site Admin

Postby Tranquillo » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:19 am

Read the PEP article sounds great and very true. I think a key factor is motivation in a student, that's the primary foundational area. Its something that a teacher can't give to the student.
Its the 'spark' that gets the fire going ...

Often the case is students are initially interested and motivated as time progresses the motivation subsides. The motivation should be sustained and hence perseverance is vital - just as the article said.

Well they are just a few of my thoughts ... anyone got anything else to say? Surely there's something to say ...
Music is organised sound
Tranquillo

Postby Tranquillo » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:57 pm

Celia, Jen, Stretto, I dont mean to point the finger but you have students ... like to shed a bit of light?
Music is organised sound
Tranquillo

Return to Learning Piano