Places to practice piano - How to find spaces with piano for practi

Technique, methods and advice for learners

Postby 109-1116446757 » Thu May 19, 2005 10:52 am

Hi There,
I have sort of a general question. While I studied piano for about 12 years, for the last 3 years or so I have not done the craft justice. I want to start practicing regularly again, however I do not have a piano. How do I find areas/centers in my city that will allow regular people of the community to use practice rooms with pianos. I'm just not sure where to start.

Any help would be grealy appreciated!

Thanks,
Monique (C:
PS (I live in New York, NY now)
109-1116446757

Postby Beckywy » Thu May 19, 2005 1:02 pm

When I was living at school, I practiced piano at the nearby church.
"The real purpose of studying music-to unite ourselves with our special gifts in such a way that one would add strength to the other" Seymour Bernstein
Beckywy

Postby minorkey » Thu May 19, 2005 8:31 pm

While traveling in SF recently, I happened to stumble upon a store that sold sheet music for piano (and guitar). As luck would have it, the store also had 3 studios with pianos for rent at $10.00/hr. This allowed me to get some practice in while on the road. You may find a similar type of store in your area, or maybe a local piano dealer will have studios for rent (or information on studios nearby). Good luck!
I realize that the downside of renting piano studios is the expense, over time.... am interested to hear of other suggestions. ???
minorkey

Return to Learning Piano