Looking for a piano teacher in albuquerque/rio ran

Technique, methods and advice for learners

Postby Lance » Wed May 02, 2007 5:48 pm

I am new to PEP. I took two years of lessons in grade school and one year in high school. Over the years I would pick some of my old music and play for a few weeks and almost get back to my previous level 2/3 (I think). I also took some group performance theory classes recently. Currently, I am looking for a piano teacher in the Albuquerque/Rio Rancho, NM area. I'm 62 and I can play Fur Elise and Moonlight Sonata passably well but both are probably beyond my level as it took me a long time to learn them.

Can anyone recommend a teacher (or teachers) in the Rio Rancho, NM area (where I live) or in the near NE Albuquerque area (where I work). ???
Lance
Lance

Postby Dr. Bill Leland » Wed May 02, 2007 8:26 pm

Did you not get my reply to your direct email today?

Dr. Bill Leland.
Technique is 90 per cent from the neck up.
Dr. Bill Leland

Postby Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed » Thu May 03, 2007 7:35 am

Welcome, Lance! :cool:

I live in Rio Rancho. There are a number of good teachers here and, of course, in Albuquerque. Let me give you a couple links to check out.

First, take a look at our Learning to Play page. It has lots of information on finding a teacher and choosing the best one for you. Second, take a look at the AMTA teacher directory for the NE Heights. This will give you some names and addresses of teachers who are members of AMTA. Follow the links on that page to the NW area to find a couple listed teachers located in Rio Rancho. I know of some of the Albuquerque teachers. I know, or know of, many of the Rio Rancho teachers and can tell you that the AMTA list is only a small fraction of the piano teachers in Rio Rancho.

I have a more complete list of the Rio Rancho teachers, as many of them were members of WMMTA. I can forward it to you privately if you're interested. If you're looking for a recommendation, that's tough, because I don't know enough about your background and interests to recommend with complete confidence. Check this information out and send me an e-mail or PM if you want additional info.

Edited By Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Editor on 1178199383
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom. - Albert Einstein
Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed
Site Admin

Return to Learning Piano