Favourite composer - Who do you enjoy playing?

Technique, methods and advice for learners

Favourite composer - Who do you enjoy playing?

Beethoven
21%
Chopin
29%
Mozart
14%
J.S. Bach
21%
Schubert
No votes
Debussy
4%
Rachmaninoff
7%
Schumann
4%
Brahms
No votes
Liszt
No votes

Total votes : 28

Postby 81-1074658942 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:32 pm

cherri I think there is one Rachmaninov piece for violin... I know a guy who played "Vocalise" on the violin anyway. If you were just going to mess around, you could take some of his vocal pieces and play the melodies on the violin. Too bad he didnt' write more for violin though. That would have been some lovely music I'm sure.
81-1074658942

Postby cherri, the violin » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:31 pm

Hi Quidam,
Thanks for your message - unfortunately I've already played Rachmaninov's Vocalise! But you're right, at least violin has inherited a glimpse of his music even if it is just one arranged piece! I wonder if the guy you're referring to is Maxim Vengerov? His rendition with Virtuosi is beautiful! Along with David Oistrakh and Itzhak Perlman, Vengerov would have to be one of my favourites violinists.
Anyway sorry, I'm not trying to turn this into a violin forum. Just as a general comment, I have to say that it is impossible to have only one favourite composer. Any overwhelming preference is still a broad generalisation. I have about 12 favourite composers, and each one of them are unique and inspiring!
cherri, the violin

Postby Tranquillo » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:46 am

I love Mozart's operas. His personality so loud, so fun is reflective on his music. He wrote a lot over the course of his life and the melodies that he did write were full of contrast.

I really like the variety in Mozart's works. Some composers like Chopin wrote best for piano. Other wrote vituoso - like lizst. Others wrote opera - like puccini.
Mozart had it all he had the lot he wrote for so many forms and he had the talent!

Edited By Becibu on 1200225520
Music is organised sound
Tranquillo

Postby M&m » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:10 pm

My son seems to gravitate towards Mozart. He says he "tricks out" his music. There are a few pieces that makes my son laugh at certain points.
M&m

Postby 112-1182392787 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:26 pm

He does go kind of unpredictable. You can tell where at the Requiem he died and another composer took over - the music goes where you expect it to go.
112-1182392787

Postby Tranquillo » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:12 pm

pianissimo wrote:He does go kind of unpredictable. You can tell where at the Requiem he died and another composer took over - the music goes where you expect it to go.

Really! Did another composer take over? I thought that was just a plan ... anyhow there were many speculations on Mozarts death. Some say that he knew he was going to die thus composing the Requiem, or Saleri desired to kill him through poisoning him, or Saleri wanted him to compose it and because he was envious of Mozart he wanted to steal it as his own music and claim it was his ...
I read that before the death of Mozart he had strict commands to one of his students on how it is to be written ... he told him how to write it if Mozart himself was not able ...
Music is organised sound
Tranquillo

Postby pianogal » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:30 pm

For relaxing, I enjoy Chopin (the most and others too); for learning/practicing, I'm eager to choose all composers listed + others.
Don't ever give up piano, because you will like it someday
pianogal

Previous

Return to Learning Piano