How did you find and choose a piano teacher? - Advice and tips

Explore a new topic relevant to piano education monthly

Moderator: Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed

Postby Beckywy » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:24 pm

My last classical teacher - i had been searching for one for a few years, and while in university, I briefly dated a guy, who dated a daughter of a piano teacher. On our 2nd date, he took me to Mr. Karan's house, without any warning - we just showed up at his door. I met his daughter, and it was really awkward. Me, being the new girl, and she being the last one. But, needless to say, I didn't go on a 3rd date with the guy, and I've been a student for 12 years.
"The real purpose of studying music-to unite ourselves with our special gifts in such a way that one would add strength to the other" Seymour Bernstein
Beckywy

Postby pianogal » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:44 pm

My mom talked to an other student about her teacher. But she's retiring. She listed a few other teachers near where I live. I just chose the closest one! And I say I'm really lucky to have him as my teacher. :)
Don't ever give up piano, because you will like it someday
pianogal

Postby Tranquillo » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:01 pm

I decided its time to find a new teacher ... current one was ineffective.

I looked on the internet and brochure. After reading several ads I called one that appealed to me (internet). We had quite a conversation for almost an hour! I asked questions on

We arranged to meet for an interview and a lesson. I found I really enjoyed that lesson and kept going!
Music is organised sound
Tranquillo

Previous

Return to Topic of Note