Fixing miracle hardware

Get help, exchange tips, replace software or just talk

Postby 115-1101561545 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:24 am

My Miracle keyboard is not working - instead of making the correct sound, it squeaks or stays silent. Does anyone know where it can be repaired in Australia? There was a technical support phone number with it, but that's no longer current.

I went to a musical instrument shop to see if they could repair it, but they've never heard of it. Is it a unique design? Or does it share its internal layout with another brand? And does anyone have the circuit diagram?
115-1101561545

Postby Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:04 pm

I sincerely doubt that you can find anyone in Australia or anywhere else with specific knowledge to repair the Miracle keyboard. Neither the original marketer of the keyboard (Software Toolworks) nor the maker of it (Antec USA) is in business anymore for this product. I have searched far and wide for schematics for the keyboard without luck.

The rights for the Miracle were bought about 8 years ago by Jump!Music, but unfortunately, they are out of business, too! I have been unable to contact anyone previously associated with Jump to ask about this.

You may be able to "poke around" inside the keyboard and solve the problem yourself. Years ago I repaired a Miracle keyboard just by resoldering the leads to the built-in speakers. I don't know if that's your problem or not, but it's easy to check this one.

For anything more substantial than that, it would seem to be pretty tough to fix - at least at a cost less than the cost of a new comparable keyboard like those offered with several piano training systems these days.
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom. - Albert Einstein
Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed
Site Admin

Return to Miracle Piano and Other Piano Software