Miracle piano software - Looking to replace lost software

Get help, exchange tips, replace software or just talk

Postby 112-1145747164 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:18 pm

I have looked everywhere, and cannot find the software for my Miracle Piano. I am hoping someone could zip it up and email it to me. I have the first Miracle Piano, so not sure if any new versions have come out sinse then.

Thanx for you help.
Paul
112-1145747164

Postby Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:42 pm

prlutt wrote:I have looked everywhere, and cannot find the software for my Miracle Piano. I am hoping someone could zip it up and email it to me. I have the first Miracle Piano, so not sure if any new versions have come out sinse then.

Thanx for you help.
Paul

Zipping up the software and sending it to you in toto would almost certainly be a criminal violation of Federal copyright law - as would your use of it - with very large fines and attorney costs! ??? That's the reason we can only supply one of the several installtion diskettes when people ask for a replacement. As for sources of the complete Miracle software, please check out our Miracle Piano FAQ for more information.

If you don't have the software, it would probably be most desirable to get a MIDI cable, which the Miracle will use, and just about any MIDI-capable piano learning program. You can then use the keyboard with it or any other learning program. You'll also bypass all the problems assoicated with getting old DOS real-mode software to run in protected-mode operating systems like Windows XP and 2000.
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom. - Albert Einstein
Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed
Site Admin

Postby 112-1145747164 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:56 pm

Well, I am a licensed owner of Miracle Piano. I have simply lost the install disks for the software... So, I doubt that anyone would be upset...

I appreciate your taking a hard line on copyrigh issuest. I respect that. As the company no longer exists, and I legally own a license to the Miracle Piano Software, if someone could extend me the courtecy of helping me get replacement install disks, I would be very apprciative.

Paul
112-1145747164

Postby Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:13 am

prlutt wrote:Well, I am a licensed owner of Miracle Piano. I have simply lost the install disks for the software... So, I doubt that anyone would be upset...

I appreciate your taking a hard line on copyrigh issuest. I respect that. As the company no longer exists, and I legally own a license to the Miracle Piano Software, if someone could extend me the courtecy of helping me get replacement install disks, I would be very apprciative.

Paul

I assumed that you were a legitimate owner of the Miracle from the description you gave. The problem is that most software licenses are very restrictive in the way you can use the software. Almost all licenses prohibit copying the software, even to give to a licensed, legitimate owner of the software. They allow you to make a personal backup of your own software, but not to give it to others, for any purpose.

In truth, I don't expect you to get caught if you work out an arrangement with someone privately to get the software. Software Toolworks (the manufacturer of the Miracle) is out of business. They sold the rights to Jump!Software, which is now also out of business. I don't know if Jump sold the intellectual property to anybody else before they went under.

It's just that copyright infringement is very nasty, if you get caught. Between statutory penalties, compensatory damages and paying the infringed person's attorney costs, you're looking at several hundred thousand dollars if it goes to court and you lose. It seems a pretty high price to pay, even with a low risk, for 15 year-old software.

Good luck to you in finding software you can use with the Miracle. Fortunately, you do have lots of options. :)
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom. - Albert Einstein
Site Admin

Postby 112-1145747164 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:08 pm

If there are so many options for teaching software for the Miracle Piano, would it be too much to ask for you to recommend just a few to me -- even one?

I would appreciate it. I now have a child who want to get stared, and we cannot find the original software.

Thank you in advance for getting specific on my question.

Paul
112-1145747164

Postby Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:34 am

prlutt wrote:If there are so many options for teaching software for the Miracle Piano, would it be too much to ask for you to recommend just a few to me -- even one?

If you read the Miracle FAQ, to which I supplied you the link in an earlier post, you learned that virtually all piano and music software will work with the Miracle so long as you use a MIDI cable (not the supplied serial cable) to connect the computer with the MIDI ports on the back of the Miracle keyboard. If your sound card has a joystick/MIDI port, you can use a MIDI cable for that. If not, a USB-to-MIDI cable works fine as well. If you don't want to pay for it, there is downloadable shareware and freeware available, though, of course, it generally isn't as complete as the commercial packages.

Although people often write with requests like yours, it's almost impossible to answer your question. I don't know anything about your child's interests or the way he learns best. The Piano Education Page is also a non-commercial, unbiased public service resource, which, according to our site policies (linked in the upper left corner of this and every other page on the site), doesn't endorse any product or service. Thus, I can't recommend anything to you, per our policies.

We have recently reviewed on our Piano Software Reviews page the eMedia Piano Method for Beginning piano, among many others. In fact, I've just received the Intermediate version of that for review, as well. You can take a look at that review, and the many others on the Reviews page, to learn more about piano and music software that you might use with your Miracle. As I've said repeatedly but will repeat again, virtually any MIDI-compatible (meaning essentially all) piano and music software will work with the Miracle. In fact, I've not found any MIDI software that won't work with it, with some minor tweaking of MIDI drivers, also as described in our FAQ.
Site Admin

Return to Miracle Piano and Other Piano Software