Sheet music - Sheet music doesn't show up properly

Get help, exchange tips, replace software or just talk

Postby 99-1087710422 » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:35 am

I have a miracle piano with version 3.0 for software. I have a computer with windows XP. Everything works perfectly accept for the sheet music. The area where the staff should be is solid black and when the notes appear, they are just an unreadable pink block. Even the graphics on the same page are perfect (ie the metronome looks great and ticks back and forth) it's just the sheet music with the problem. I know about the old font problem and all of that checks out, in other words I have the missing fonts in my system and that is not the problem here. I loaded my software on my friends computer with windows 98 and it worked perfectly. I bought this on e-bay almost two years ago and my 9 year old daughter and myself our dying to use it. Can someone help me?
99-1087710422

Postby Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:51 am

To my knowledge, the Miracle Piano Teaching System was never issued in a version 3.0 for the IBM and compatibles. Are you sure you're not using Piano Discovery? It WAS issued in a v. 3.0 and DOES have a font problem in Windows 2000 and Windows XP. Windows 2000 and XP use a different font specification, called OpenType, from that in Windows 3.1, 95, 98 and ME, which was TrueType. Some TrueType fonts, including the Harmony font which provides the staff marking in PDS3, are incompatible with 2000 and XP, though they work in the other operating systems. There is no known "fix" for this problem, since JumpMusic, which published PDS is out of business. :(
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom. - Albert Einstein
Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed
Site Admin

Return to Miracle Piano and Other Piano Software