Alternative to miracle? - Maybe ... maybe not

Get help, exchange tips, replace software or just talk

Postby Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:58 am

I have just become aware of a different "all-in-one" piano learning system called the Reveal "MusicStar" system. Like the Miracle, it is out-of-date (Reveal recently went out of business). Unlike the Miracle it can be had relatively readily from Old Software.com for $69 for the keyboard, cables, power supply and learning software. Superficially, it looks like an updated version of the Miracle, though we have not reviewed the system or the software. It is claimed to be compatible with virtually all Intel-based operating systems, including DOS, Windows 9x, and XP. I can't recommend MusicStar, since we haven't reviewed it, but it might be worth looking into as an inexpensive learning system. Does anyone out there know anything about it or have any experience with it?
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom. - Albert Einstein
Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed
Site Admin

Postby 77-1107318133 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:07 pm

Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Editor wrote:I have just become aware of a different "all-in-one" piano learning system called the Reveal "MusicStar" system. {snip} Does anyone out there know anything about it or have any experience with it?

All I know so far is from the various eBay descriptions, most of which are probably quotes from the manufacturer's literature. They're pretty small (37 keys), but seem to have lots of features. One seller said they "tested it on Windows XP with Cubase SX, it works for controlling VST instruments and Native Instruments."
Of the three on eBay right now, two are currently priced at less than the stated/calculated shipping cost.
If I thought I could get one for that little cost, I'd grab it and send it to you (Dr. Zeigler) to "test drive." :laugh:

--
Doug
77-1107318133

Postby Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:42 pm

Miracle_Max wrote:If I thought I could get one for that little cost, I'd grab it and send it to you (Dr. Zeigler) to "test drive." :laugh:

I just checked oldsoftware.com to see if they still have any in stock. They are now asking people to e-mail them for price and availability information. I assume that means the supply is limited or it is out of stock at the moment. Guess you're off the hook for buying me one! :D
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom. - Albert Einstein
Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed
Site Admin

Return to Miracle Piano and Other Piano Software