Miracle piano with midi input - Miracle

Get help, exchange tips, replace software or just talk

Postby Glen » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:54 pm

I have had no difficulty getting the Miracle program to recognize the piano using a serial to usb adapter cable.

I have also used the midi in/out ports of the piano to connect to other synthesizer devices (with a midi to usb cable).

However, when I try to get the miracle software to accept input from the midi cable, I get the persistent message "system cannot open com2" I assume com2 is where the program is looking for the input from the miracle keyboard.

I am wondering how to get the miracle software to accept input from the midi ports.

Of the programs I saved (15 years ago) to a hard drive, I find a miracle file called "config.p88". Looking at it in wordpad, it says midi-serial and serial-com2. I don't know if these setting are defaults from the factory or if they are entered by some miracle install program.

If there is an install program that was on the original miracle disks, I did not save it. I suspect that the files I have found on the hard drive were put there by the install program when I ran it from diskettes. (I only have disk 1 of the diskettes and it is a 5 1/4" floppy. Of course, I have no floppy drives.).

My question is "Is there an install program on the diskette?" and, if so, could someone send me a copy of it?

Alternatively, are there different settings in the config.p88 file that direct the miracle software to look to the midi ports for input/output. Perhaps a simple change of the parameters is the easy way to fix the problem.
Glen Jarboe
Glen

Postby Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:54 am

Glen wrote:However, when I try to get the miracle software to accept input from the midi cable, I get the persistent message "system cannot open com2" I assume com2 is where the program is looking for the input from the miracle keyboard.

I am wondering how to get the miracle software to accept input from the midi ports.

Of the programs I saved (15 years ago) to a hard drive, I find a miracle file called "config.p88". Looking at it in wordpad, it says midi-serial and serial-com2. I don't know if these setting are defaults from the factory or if they are entered by some miracle install program.

If there is an install program that was on the original miracle disks, I did not save it. I suspect that the files I have found on the hard drive were put there by the install program when I ran it from diskettes. (I only have disk 1 of the diskettes and it is a 5 1/4" floppy. Of course, I have no floppy drives.).

My question is "Is there an install program on the diskette?" and, if so, could someone send me a copy of it?

Alternatively, are there different settings in the config.p88 file that direct the miracle software to look to the midi ports for input/output. Perhaps a simple change of the parameters is the easy way to fix the problem.

You're right that config.p88 is a simple text file which retains configuration parameters for the Miracle. The "midi serial" designator tells the Miracle to transmit and receive MIDI music on the serial port. Thus, your system is configured to use the serial port, not the MIDI port. The "serial com2" designator tells the Miracle that the serial port is on Com2. You must re-run the install program to change these to use MIDI for input and output. You don't need the original disks for this. You can run the install program from the hard disk to change parameters. There is an install program on the first diskette of the series that will recopy the files to your hard disk again and change parameters for you, if you tell it to do so.

I suspect that you can edit the config.p88 file manually with any ASCII editor, though I've never done it personally. So long as you keep a copy of the original config.p88 file (under a different name) you can always restore it, if your edits don't work right.
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom. - Albert Einstein
Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed
Site Admin

Miracle System with a Yamaha?

Postby Sergio Davila » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:27 pm

Hi, collegues:

I was a user of the Miraccle Piano Teaching Software about 9 years ago and during that time I was deeply amazed with it, but now I do not have the piano nor the software. I am trying to find where I can get the software again, to use with my Windows Vista Lap Top and with my Yamaha PSR-1500 keyboard. Is this possibe? Can anyone help me advising me where I can get the software again, but to use with my new Yamana?

I will appreciate anyone who could help me: Please write to me to my email: sergiodavilacastellon@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance,

Sergio Davila
Sergio Davila

Return to Miracle Piano and Other Piano Software