Moderator Control Panel ]

About pep forums - What we do

Read announcements, talk to the PEP staff, make comments and suggestions

Moderator: Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed

Postby Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:35 am

There are now many good forums out there for pianists, students and teachers. I've joined/looked at most of them and they all have qualities to recommend them. That said, we try to do some things a bit differently on the PEP Forums.

Although we have a fair amount of chat, exchange of tips and discussion of day-to-day kinds of issues here, I have tried to have the PEP Forums look at the larger issues of piano learning and teaching. We talk about not just what's happening today, but how we got here and where we might be headed. You can find these kinds of thoughtful discussions in just about any of the PEP Forums (Fora for those of you who are Latin fanatics, if any! :D ), but, for the most concentrated number of them, you might look at Topic of Note (which I have just reopened to Guests). Another topical forum (open to Members) which has a good deal of these kinds of in-depth discussions can be found in Running a Teaching Studio. These are just examples; I recommend that people join and visit all the Forums.

I hope that having a place to talk about the larger issues of piano education will be valuable to people and that they will participate in the discussions by joining. The very breadth of many of the issues discussed encourages the addition of many viewpoints. All are welcome here. :)
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom. - Albert Einstein
Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed
Site Admin

Return to Piano Education Page Editors' Forum