Moderator Control Panel ]

May upgrade - What's new

Read announcements, talk to the PEP staff, make comments and suggestions

Moderator: Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed

Postby Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed » Thu May 04, 2006 8:20 am

The May upgrade is now available. It includes a new Music and the Home Computer article, An Introduction to MIDI for Pianists, as well as upgrades to several other articles, which you can see summarized on our Premiering page.
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom. - Albert Einstein
Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed
Site Admin

Postby 108-1121887355 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:16 pm

I would like to add a message to thank Dr. Zeigler for all his time and hard work in keeping the PEP up and running and innovative and educational. Where else can teachers, parents and students exchange ideas and continue to learn. The musical friendships and respect and humor is also valuable.

Thanks too, to his friend and contributor, Dr. Leland. His articles and replies are always wise, thoughtful, sometimes with a touch of humor.

In a world of uncertainty, music has more importance in our lives and humor is needed.

Anyone who wishes to add their appreciation - go for it!

Joan

:D
108-1121887355

Postby Glissando88keys » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:48 pm

loveapiano wrote:I would like to add a message to thank Dr. Zeigler for all his time and hard work in keeping the PEP up and running and innovative and educational. Where else can teachers, parents and students exchange ideas and continue to learn. The musical friendships and respect and humor is also valuable.

Thanks too, to his friend and contributor, Dr. Leland. His articles and replies are always wise, thoughtful, sometimes with a touch of humor.

In a world of uncertainty, music has more importance in our lives and humor is needed.

Anyone who wishes to add their appreciation - go for it!

Joan

:D

I certainly agree, and have just one word to add:

Insiteful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glissando88keys

Postby Stretto » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:42 am

Yes, thank you Dr. Zeigler, Dr. Leland and all the others of you behind the scenes for all the work you put into the site! It doesn't go unnoticed and all that goes into the site and the fact that it is all provided completely free and free of advertising never ceases to amaze me! It's incredible!

I would encourage everyone who has not done so to read the article on PEP:
The Piano Education Page - Ten Years On. The article explains how PEP got started, some of the behind the scenes of PEP, what goes into PEP, etc., etc. Reading about what goes into PEP will really give you even more of an appreciation for the site. :)

Edited By Stretto on 1152366220
Stretto

Postby Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:01 am

I would like to thank all those who have taken the time to express their appreciation of PEP here. Since nobody who works on the site makes any profit from it, these kinds of expressions of gratitude are about the only things we get from donating all the time (and money) needed to run the site. I'm know that there are many people "out there" who use the site who haven't taken the time to write us. I'm really gratified by those few who do. :)
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom. - Albert Einstein
Dr. John Zeigler - PEP Ed
Site Admin

Postby minorkey » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:19 pm

I too would like to add my appreciation and thanks for a wonderful website for us PIPs (Pianists in Progress); I'm sure that many others, like me, check in daily for updates in the message board and feel our day wouldn't be complete without it!
minorkey

Return to Piano Education Page Editors' Forum